View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 10:33 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Hood struts: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRN_NVY View Post
Hey,
Sorry, haven't been on in a while, just saw your post, but in bed already. I do have the part number & YES! They're installed and I LUV-EM! I ordered the wrong ends though (the threaded ones) still, no major mods - less than 2 bucks in "stainless" nuts & washers, they were in (both sides) in less than 10 monutes. A bit of warning though... after install, work out at the gym for a while to prepare for opening the hood for the first time ... think "catapult or slingshot"... on the other hand, forget the gym, you'll work your Biceps & Lats just closing the hood ;-) ... Just kidding! Don't have the paperwork handy now, but will dig out and send to you tomorrow. Ah-ight?
GRN_NVY - you mentioned ordering the wrong ends, threaded ones, and I believe I did the same(Part#4178T57). Were you able to make them work? If so, what was the trick? You mentioned adding some nuts and washers, but how did that work on the hood connection which is tapped metric?

The mcmaster part numbers all show a 5/16"-18. Which isnt an issue on the frame/body mount as I can swap to a 5/16" nut, but the hood mount mount is tapped metric. I am trying to avoid a re-tap on the hood mount holes, to 5/16, and would consider just ordering a new set given the relative affordability.Which end would be the "right ends"?Ballsocket?eyelet?threaded?

96 Ebony Pearl LSi - 116,XXXK
02 Avalon XLE Gold - 160K - SOLD
08 Tribeca - 85K - SOLD
13 Explorer - 70K - SOLD
13 JD z425 Zero Turn
15 CubCadet XT1
19 F-150 - 30K
19 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum