View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 06:55 PM

StrongFlex Poly Bushings feedback.

Ordered the ft/rr poly yellow bushings(swaybars) from this company doing business in Poland. Arrived today taking only 8 days to arrive here on the east coast of the US.

Bushings had enclosed clamps not compatible with the SVX mounting sites..the rear OEM clamps have angled captured nuts while the SF clamps would need a bolt/nut of their own to mount and have end flanges bent..a moot point since they are too long anyway.

The front bushings were a "cluster fudge"...sent wrong part number (part # on bushing not same as Invoice) ..1/4" too tall and the hole was 17 mm..again the stock clamps have a shorter front arm and captured nuts. The SF clamps lacked those features.

Rears went in fine with stock clamps. I have cut down the ft. bushings by 1/4" and bored out the hole to 18mm. Fortunately the width is OK.

Parts also came with 2 packets of red syn lube.

Cost..$75.05 shipped. While they are pretty much the only game in town for the other suspension poly pieces, I had hoped things would have gone more smoothly with just getting the swaybar bushings. I could have gotten local bushings which would have needed modding for less.