View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 08:33 PM
SVinX

I bought my 92 ebony on Ebay... The car looked perfect (smelled like old guy cologne, but it's gone now) but, of course the transmission was shot...

Since it was in Maryland, I asked to come down and look at the car and the guy said he couldn't because it was being stored on private property - he said he was selling it for a client. After I gave him the money though, he was like "Here's the key. Just go down and take it" and gave me directions to some body shop the next town over. (I guess the property wasn't so private now that he had his money and had a "family emergency" in order to leave right away).

Anyway, the car was there and the key fit so a failed inspection and $500 later, I'm on the road. I guess what he didn't realize was I have a 5spd manual Impreza RS tranny happily waiting for the SVX to crap its pants.

Looking back, I'm sure this dude thought he totally pulled one over on me. His name was gone from ebay and his email was nonexistent the very next day. I can't really complain that I was ripped off because the car has been running pretty decently w/only the initial parts since August...