View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 03:11 PM

Re: ECUtuner software and Select Monitor Interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
Subiechips are all the same price no matter the programming: $329
The ecutuner interface is $79.
I see. Well, that's definitely more than I was hoping to have to spend... After currency conversion, that's $425 CAD. I'm a student, I don't really have that kind of money to spend on automotive non-necessities

I noticed that on the Subiechips site, under the performance chip page, the last option is a "Pair of 8 bit Upgrade/Update ROMs for Subaru SVX Performance chip for 370cc injectors & Z32 air flow meter" priced at $99 USD.

If I'm understanding correctly, this means that the firmware is programmed onto a pair of 27SF512 (or equivalent) ROMs, and doesn't include any ECU memory adapter. This is nearly ideal for me. Even though I don't need the chips (like I said previously, I have 6), $99 USD is definitely easier to manage for me than $329 USD.

If you were willing to sell the yellowtop variant at that price, I could sweeten the deal a bit by saying keep the chips to sell to someone else, save yourself time not having to burn the firmware to them, and instead send the .bin file to me by e-mail to burn my own chips with my programmer, which saves you the hassle of shipping.

I just don't really see the point in spending money on redundant hardware that I already own, you know? If I replace my hardware, I'm left having spent money for nothing.

If it turns out that for some reason the firmware doesn't work with my ROMs / ECU memory adapter combo, I will commit now to purchasing the complete 16-bit kit @ $329 USD (and eat ramen exclusively for a few months to afford it, lol).

I just really don't want the injectors and MAF to have been a waste of money, and I'm looking to achieve better cruising economy (which the subiechips site outlines is one of the benefits due to the base ignition advance). Obviously the added power will be nice, but ultimately I'm eager to see fuel savings on my commute to school and back every day...

What do you say, would you be willing to help me out?
1994 Polo Green SVX LSi : 28x,xxx KMs - 4.44 4EAT, Mazdaspeed3 18x7" wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sports, full custom stainless mandrel hi-flow catted Magnaflow exhaust, drilled front rotors, Russel braided lines, EGR/AC/spare deletes, power mode switch, JDM base tune, etc. Lots more to come...