View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 07:45 AM
red95svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds
I think its more of an attitude that most (not all and especially not Dave!) parts counters have that retail customers are a nuisance. They are, I'll be the first to admit it, but its part of the job to deal with it. I know it sucks looking up parts or trying to figure out what something is when a guy grabs it out of his pocket and its in 5 pieces.

Thanks Doug

Retail customers can be a nuisance. 99% of my frustration comes from people not knowing what they are driving!! Knowing the year, model, and trim level (or supplying a VIN) can make my job so much easier. It's AMAZING how many people are clueless as to what they are driving. A few weeks ago I had a call for a price on a rear tail light. The caller had all the info I needed except for body type: sedan or wagon? They didn't know. Keep in mind that this was their car, and they had owned it for 6 years. Another customer once asked me for rear brake pads. I asked for year and model. He growled that it didn't matter, they're all the same. I played along and grabbed the first set of rear pads I saw and sold them to him. He was back the next day with his vehicle registration

Another little peeve of mine: people who call for prices, then put me on hold to look around for a pen and some paper. You know you're going to call. You know you are going to ask for prices. You know that you need to remember these prices for future reference. So why did it never occur to you that you need to have a pen and paper ready before you dial?!

Dave