Thread: Revolt!
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 03:55 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Ok, a couple things.
1. The constitution was ratified by all states by 1791. That nullified the Articles of Confederation.

2. The constitution grants congress the right to tax (enforcement in the constitution is vague because at the time, people didn't know if taxes were under the umbrella of the necessary and proper clause). However, the 16th amendment allows the government to make and enforce an income tax.

3. Taxes wouldn't be such an issue if Americans could justify the expense. President Bush's approval rating at the moment is under 40%..which is very, very low. From this poll, we can tell that Americans are not approving of how the administration is spending their money. Maybe it's time to get people in office who spend money according to how their constituents want it.

On my own opinion: I'd rather we spend in the black and not in the red. The national debt at this moment is nearing 8 trillion dollars. When Clinton was elected in 92, it was closing in on 4 trillion (and it stayed right around there for most of his duration in office). I think the "war in Iraq" and "war on Terror" are two big wastes of money. I think it's time we wake up and smell the roses.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi