View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: I'm back! Sort of!

That about sounds what I would expect Tony.

I like the idea of the 5EAT. Does it have shift buttons on the wheel?

Just yesterday I noticed that Subaru in Japan are now selling the Exiga http://www.subaru.jp/exiga/exiga/ show car. In essence this is tarted up Leggy estate, but a lovely car. Click on the bottom left link, you can see the specs.

Only the 2.0GT gets the 5EAT, the others get the 4EAT. I notice none have the steering controls, although the last model Legacy before yours had them.

I have a 4 speed Invecs/S tiptronic on my RVR [see sig] and I agree with you. It is better if you manually do the change. It learns your driving style [the one I have] and if you have been driving steady all day it is sluggish to downshift. If you hammer it, then it gets as mental as you want. . However, manual mode is smooth and easy to work if I am not being lazy.

Since you have been away we have developed a Power switch for the USA gearbox that will let them keep Power mode on all the time like you can in the JDM car.

More interesting still Phil has developed software that can do the same for the UK gearbox. He has updated the software in a gearbox computer for me. Unfortunately I am currently missing 4 [top gear] range on the gearbox in my car, so I have not been able to install the TCU and try it out. When I have a good gearboxbox installed I'm looking forward to seeing what improvement it makes. That will probably be next summer. I'm taking the car off the road for the winter. This is partly because road tax here is €1400 for the SVX. Saving 6 months of that is worthwhile.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl