View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 11:34 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Just had tranny rebuilt, and .......

OT and YT, thanks for your replies, it sure means alot to get opinions and suggestions from the top two svx mechanics in the world OT, no I have been driving the car all week to work, a 65 mile round trip daily, and the binding condition has not changed one way or the other. The tranny shifts great, very smooth shifts, its just the binding on turns going forward or reverse. I plan on dropping the car off on Monday to the tranny shop. I will be sure to give them all the info you suggested. What really bugs me is prior to picking up the car after the rebuild, I asked the owner of the shop, which has only two employees, how does it drive and shift, and he said OK. If he really test drove the car after the rebuild, he would have immediately felt the bind as you pull out of the shop driveway, as I did when I left. When I told him about the binding, he said if it breaks, I'll just rebuild it again. It took him two months between waiting for parts and rebuilding the tranny, and almost another month once I towed my car up there for him to put the tranny in. I broke down June 11 and I didnt get my car back till Sept. 19 I should have gone with the 4.44's and had peace of mind that a pro like OT was taking care of my beloved svx. OT, I may still yet be paying you visit, I have a feeling. I will try lubegard and see how that works. Is it available in local parts stores? yesterday when driving to work, my speedo suddlenly started working for about five minutes or so, then needle abruptly dropped back to zero. Then on my way home from work, the needle would occasionaly move around a bit, but then go back to zero and stay there. Should I be buying a new speed sensor, or is there something the shop screwed up. Thanks for everyones input.