View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 09:17 PM

Turbo EG33 Powered Datsun

Well Its time for me to start a project thread. I have a Datsun 280z that I'm looking at fitting my EG33 into.

Here is the last picture I have of the exterior mock up.

Eventually when its painted and all the panels are fitted correctly it will look similar to this 240z owned by Darius K.

The drivetrain will be as follows:

EG33 with bellhousing and crank adapter bolted upto this tilton triple plate clutch and bellhousing:

Bellhousing Adapter:

Gforce Dog Box Transmission:

I haven't full figured out which turbo I'm going to run at this point. I'm likely going to do a 6-2 Divided T4 turbo manifold layout. I'm also playing with the idea of doing dual T3 flanged turbos.

I have a Precision 825HP intercooler from another project that will be V mounted and vented through the top of the hood.

I have 52mm ITB's for this engine, but I'm unsure if I will use them on the initial build up as its one more thing I don't have to do to get the car running.

First on my list is to get the current engine pulled out from the car. Next up will be accommodating the wider EG33 engine, as it won't clear the standard Frame Rails. That will be the largest obstacle to mounting the EG33. I need to machine the adapter plate and crank adapter once the transmissions arrives. I want to start making progress on this build as I've been collecting parts for several years now.

Here are the basic chassis dimensions of a S30(240z/260z/280z)
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w...assis_VIew.jpg

FT

Last edited by FriendlyTurkey; 11-15-2009 at 09:25 PM.