View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 02:01 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportclaret
Hi James
Thanks for your advice. I was actually holding back on my opinion of all the ones you mentioned - we've had dealings with all of them. SVM Lindfield, apart from their price, were asked to remove the sound system and replace as the factory one was faulty. They had the car for several days as the part didn't arrive as scheduled and then rang us to say the part was in and the car would be ready that afternoon. I was dropped at Lindfield that morning and I waited in the park all day for the car with our newborn - that was no problem, I do a lot of waiting in parks - but when it came to picking up the car (I'd had my mobile on all day and they could have contacted me) I walk into the workshop and found a pre-pubescent Fangio wrestling with the dashboard, sound system sitting on front seat. It ended with me and my screwdriver from the glovebox helping him work out the jigsaw puzzle of the dash and the stereo system and I drove off with half the push clips hanging out and wires sticking out from crevices. The plastic wood grain bits never quite matched up after that.

So Lindfield and Brookvale are off the list.

Rosebery is just too far for us - it would be a day trip with demanding offspring - but I'll keep them in mind when it really needs work.
Karin
That is yet another dealership that stuffed up the CD replacement...as I understand it, the dash was put in around the CD unit and there is a very detailed way in which to remove it - one of the US guys had a 'FAQ sheet' from a few years back - its on my home PC back in Sydney so can't forward it to you.

I know everyone has to learn somewhere (eg, like apprentices) but not on my car!

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!