View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 10:45 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
After months of tinkering with airbag..it's fixed.

This one was a doozie...I have always had a constant airbag light so years ago I removed the lightbulbs in the instrument panel. The dealership at the time could not figure out why my fuses were blowing. They were 5 hours into the job and didn't have a clue. So a few months ago I'd figure I would give it a try again myself. I replaced the CU the first time and it finally stopped my #8 fuse blowing so I could actually read the codes. The old CU had both safety sensors blown.
Once the CU was replaced I was getting #3, 14, 31 codes.
I then proceeded to replace the main harness...pulled out the carpet, glovebox, about 100 screws it seemed. Hooked everything up and got only the #3 and 31 codes.
I then replaced both front sensors...I thought #3 would be solved right? Nope. I checked the resistance and both sensors were infact good.
Code #31 took me to figure out what was wrong with #16 fuse. I checked voltage and found out the small green/yellow wire was bad from the body harness to the fusebox. I made a small jumper from that fuse to the main connector. Success, my airbag codes have all gone away and the light has disappeared.

I thought I would share incase anyone is struggling with airbag problems.

Many thanks to Redlightningsvx for assisting me with interpreting schematics and troubleshooting.