Thread: Steering Pull
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 09:55 AM

Oh yes, I have already sarted making myself a list of exactly what gets tranferred to the new car and what gets stripped off to be stored. Like you say, rubber seals are impossible to source from GM now along with 1001 other parts so I'll wrap them up and store them somewhere safe. I'll even take off panels like both front wings as good ones like mine are as rare as hen's teeth now.

Funnily enough, one part that dies really quickly on Monzas are the rear shelves that hinge up with the tailgate when they're opened. I know of very few people that have a good one. They fall apart over time and I'd say that they're the single most sought after part for any Monza enthusiast. Most have been patched up and strengthened with copious amounts of fibre resin body filler or been replaced with homemade MDF ones. When I opened the hatch I automatically checked to see the condition of the shelf and it's absolutely perfect! I can't remember the last time I saw one of those in that condition. I think I'd have to say that that was the final bit of evidence that made me decide to go for the car.

It's had three owners in its 18 years, the first year it was a company car for a glass company, the guy I bought it off had it for a year also and the intervening 16 years it was owned by an elderly gent who knew nothing about car maintenance so put the car in to the main dealer for every little thing. The stack of bills backs that up. The guy I bought it off has another Monza that he wants to restore so he sold this one to make space and to free up some cash. He has a garage full of spare parts too from his previous 9 Monzas.

BTW, you should have seen the gorgeous black Corvette convertible he had in the garage too.......Mmmmmmmmm.

Glenn

'96 Subaru SVX (111K) - UK spec
'85 Opel Monza GSE (71K)
'86 Opel Monza GSE (95K)
'93 Toyota Estima Lucida (37K) - JDM import

My psychiatrist says I'm suffering from paranoia........but he's always hated me!!!