Thread: I blew my trany
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 08:35 PM
No front plate on My SVX

Send a message via MSN to CDG
OK, Got my car back, new trany in, thanks Dan, and its working pretty great. It doesn't have the Level10 valve body, but it shifts pretty smooth. I get the occasional flare from 2nd to 3rd, but Thats probably expected in my driving.

I have to say I really missed driving the SVX, and my girlfriend was so happy for me, since I stopped my moping

Q#1: How did I blow the tranny?
A#1: NFI, he says its was hooked up right, and there was fluid in the filter. But he did not test the flow, as I had already removed the filter from the loop.
Q#2: Is the filter hooked up now, and is it working?
A#2: Yes its hooked up now, pretty interesting plumbing work, will take picture and post later. And yes its working.
FYI. During the trany flush, preasure at idle on the trany line is 30 PSI, which I understand is normal.
Q#3: Then why the **** did the trany go chris?
A#3: Well since all the plumbing was replaced it has only been speculated that I may have sliced into the inner portion of one of the hoses while pushing it onto a sharp edged fitting. Another option could be the fact that I introduced B&M TrickShift Synthetic fluid during the quick drain and fill process, which loosened things up, and plugged filter. Like I said, I drove the car for over 1 hour at 80 mph, and felt no issues. If I had no flow, I think it probably would have died way before that.

So I will be monitoring the trany very carefully from now on to see how is working, I will most likely be adding a preasure and temp gauge to the trany line, to see where it goes.

Current Ride, 1985 Honda Aero 80, stock 3024 klms