Thread: Tyres
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 02:09 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed
Phil,

Did you get everything tight after changing the oil? Did you remove the pan or just the drain plug?

Sometimes the PS fluid will leak on the pipes. Funny that should happen the day after a trans oil change.
Yes. I only removed the drain plug and I tightened it enough to hold it but not enough to strip it. The PS pipes are on the right side of the car the leak is on the left side. I can see the oil coming out from where the front pipe joins the transmission. I think I overfilled it slightly and the pressure caused it to leak past the seal. I'm just wondering now whether the seal needs to be replaced or not.

On the exploded diagram, there seems to be some sort of spring and ball valve surrounded by a couple of fibre washers. It looks pretty simple to change the washers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed
Phil,

You should change all four tyres to reduce any chance of harming the trans. It is worth it in the long run.
I've heard that Ron, but the front ones normally wear out quicker than the back ones. Maybe it's the way I drive The tyre guy said I've only got about 500 miles left on the back ones. I'm just waiting for next pay day, I won't be doing many miles between now and then.

Phil.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II

Last edited by b3lha; 08-03-2006 at 02:30 AM.