Thread: Oxygen Sensors
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 02:55 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Oxygen Sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiftySVX View Post
Well I wasn't in the business yet, thank god.

And was it the plugs you were changing, or putting in a working coolant temp sensor in to make it start

I miss my 1994 legacy. I had a white one that was the L+ FWD with the blue interior. Picked it up in the early 2000's for a song and did a T-belt and reseal, purge solenoid (imagine that) and brakes all the way around and it was like brand new. If I could find a 1994 LSi texas/oklahoma/florida car in good shape i would buy it. My mother talked me into selling that one for almost nothing to a family friend for a first car, and at some point it lost a CV boot and he continued to drive it with a siezing CV axle until it broke and left him stranded (at least this is what it sounds like happened) He let the wrecker company keep it in exchange for forgiving the tow bill.

I was LIVID.
I believe what he is saying here is that being used to carbed engines which you need to pump the gas pedal one or 2 times to set the choke, plus in the carbed engine adding that little extra gas helped it fire. But the new fuel injected cars would flood the engine, the NGK's would still fire but the rest were toast.