View Single Post
Old 06-21-2001, 06:53 AM
Directionally Challenged

Send a message via AIM to Shadowyng
Aredub... All I know right now is that My SVX has some issues... when I drive it all cylinders cut out vs. just one or two. I don't think its a coil problem cause all of them cut out at the same time..considering that each plug has its own coil. I believe its the ignition module located on the firewall behind the center of the engine under the engine cover. We tried warming it with a light bulb and the problem happened right from the statr vs running it a while...The guy at the shop said through his time he rarely has seen a MAF go bad... he was quick to state that dealerships like to replace thoses because its a high dollar part. The guy whos helping me has been great.. but we are both confused on this one. Just would hate to buy the ignition module and find that it was still good. My previous experience with modules has been that when they die.. ther are dead.. and thats it.. Never had one possibly do what the SVX has been doing...I thought it was the tranny at first and panic, but the engine was cutting in and out...