View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 03:55 PM
OOC for a while

Send a message via AIM to 94SubieSVX
Update-

I tried heating the lexan up and just laying it on the face of the headlight. I worked a little bit, but I don't think it was soft enough because when I would push one side down, the other would go up. Also it wasn't even the slighest bit sticky because it was sliding all over the headlight.

What I plan on trying next is
  1. Making a plaster mold of the front of the headlight.
  2. Heating the Lexan up so it is softer and more flexible than any other time I have heated it up. It has to act like wet spaghetti.
  3. Place the mold on a table and lay the heated Lexan on top of it.
  4. Then using the headlight, mush the Lexan into the mold and hold it in until it hardens to the shape of the mold/headlight.
In theory, this sounds like it would work the best because the lexan will be more "controlled" and not able to move and get mishapen. I'm getting plaster tonight and will post results after I try it.

PS- another thing I'm a little worried about is even when handling the Lexan, the slightest scratch seems to show up easily. I don't know if after heating it up and cooling it, if it will make the lexan itself harder and more resistant to scratches. Hopefully I won't be wasting my money working with Lexan because this stuff is pretty expensive