View Single Post
Old 11-28-2003, 08:33 PM
mark10t

<<as they say. life is too short for boring cars. >>

I second that emotion. I've been driving Subaru's since 1981. After a whole lotta miles and about 6-7 yrs. I was looking for something to 'graduate' to (this was in 1998). Subaru didn't have anything at the time in the 'stable' that stood head and shoulders above what I was driving, but I always lusted for an SVX since they came out (about the same time as I bought the '91 Legacy Turbo Sport Sedan I was looking to replace) but, as new, way too expensive for my pocketbook.

A dealer friend of mine knew of a '94 LSi that was coming off lease from one of his customers and it was pristine with only about 27,000 miles on it......

That was 100,000 miles ago and I've enjoyed every moment since. (The wife even had it cruising at about 100+ mph on a trip to Colorado/Wyoming one year.)

With a little 'insurance' like a trans cooler, synthetic in the sump and the tranny, the car has been as trouble free as any I've had. There ain't no perfect cars out there, but Subaru's in general are built about as good as they come (and a lot more service-able than most!!)

I could enjoy a WRX, but at my stage in life, I appreciate the all-weather sporting luxury of the SVX.

-Mark