View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 06:11 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Re: Chris Townsend "Spirit of Competition Award"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
WOW! I am shocked, and without breath. I am glad it was just on speakerphone, cause I was very choked up about the privilege of this yearly award being named in my honor and accomplishments.

I would first like to congratulate Harry (newsvx) on being the first selected awardee. I too have watched his accomplishments throughout the years with great interest. I wish you GREAT luck and continued success in your endeavors.

Next, I would like to thank the anonymous people/persons that wanted to recognize my personal quest to compete with a car I am so passionate about in areas of motorsports where no one said I/we belonged. In 2000, they looked and laughed. In 2004, they scoffed and thought the SVX and what I was winning was beginners luck. By 2008, I had a name for myself and the SVX at the track, not only at my home strip, but in the whole NHRA division 6. Today, I have a couple classes of people that know me and the SVX really well. Many, are now friends and acquaintances that prefer to race with me, in front of me, or behind me, never next to me. A few haters, that are anti-import, anti-Subaru, or have taken personal losses to my SVX a bit hard. These groups are easily seen when driving into the gates with the SVX on the trailer behind me as you see their conversations take a down turn frown and note the best they will do tonight is 2nd.

I would also like to thank Dave (hocrest) for pulling me into this at the last minute while I was disappointed with my current inability to remove a simple hub nut from my truck preventing repair. Whomever wrote the words as the award was being presented to Harry, thanks. I am humbled and really speechless.

I am saddened by my temporary inability to continue my trek to the winners circle for this period, but I know deep in my heart that I will overcome this temporary condition and will come back in a year or two with a vengeance worthy of the SVX and the prestigious history it has had and will continue to forge.

Congratulations again Harry!
And thank you all, the SVX World Network community, for the naming honor of this yearly achievement. I am truly blessed by people that watch from afar.
Well said, Chris, and thank you - you are much better at articulating how much this means to both (I think) of us re this award. Makes me so proud to be associated with such an amazing group of people. I have always said that this group is more about the people than the car. The SVX has just brought us together.
The best of the future to you Chris - it is an honor to have been presented an award representing all you have accomplished with this great automobile! God's speed!
Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx