View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Come on IRENE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
I don't have two pumps that run simultaneously but I installed a battery backup pump in case we lose power and I am not home while the water is gushing in. My primary pump is pretty hefty. We were pumping out something on the order of 400-450 gallons an hour back in April. The path into the sump hole looked like a waterfall. I managed to install a system that keeps the water off the floor but the thought of either the system failing or the pumps failing makes me nauseus. I am seriously thinking of moving to a different house.
My last house had a sump pump and I know the feeling of worrying about heavy rains and losing power. I had 4 pumps total. The main Pump, a Battery Back up Pump, a 1/4 horse pump that I could use if the water was coming in faster than the main pump could handle, and a new 1/2 horse power pump on shelf, just in case the main pump failed and a gas powered generator. The reason I had all this is crap was because my basement flooded several times due to pump burn out, clogged pumps, overwhelmed pumps and power outtages. I am so glad that I do not live there any longer.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007