Thread: Come on IRENE!
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX
Re: Come on IRENE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX92-97 View Post
How many of us are in Irenes path, and what are your plans as she bears down on us. Hope your svxi's are safe and sound. NYC may take a direct hit of strong Cat 1 or even a Cat 2 Hurricane. NYC has not had a direct hit from a hurricane since the late 1800's Talk about way overdue. Hope everyone stays safe, and has plenty of batteries.
Reminds me of Gloria which hit CT more than NYC. I lived in Ansonia, CT at the time and my wife and I had just started dating. Her father was out of town so I went to her house to secure the propane tank outside and hang out with her and her mother during the storm. The mother-in-law never appreciated it. She gradually evolved into a bitter old person. Her father died from stress induced issues stemming from living with such a bitter person.

I hate to say this but I hope it stays on more of an easterly track. You guys can handle the water better than we can here in upstate NY, the land of silty clay and no drainage.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything