Thread: 65MPG Ford
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 11:47 PM
I kill more trannies then god

Re: 65MPG Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Greasecar.com is a good place to start. Most of my knowledge of running veggie oil comes from a fellow scooterist who just so happened to spend 8 years working for the company and who drives a greasy hitler rabbit (not the real kind). If you want you can do the math based on annual production acres in the US, annual consumption of gas and diesel in this country (diesel is used for much more than you'd think) then take the average production of veggie oil per acre of a range of crops like corn, soy etc. The math just doesn't work out in favor of pursuing it. For that any agriculutural text should work. Why spin wheels and cost valuable money changing to something that is nothing more than a flawed policy just like that wonderful e-85.

If you look back at my posts years ago regarding e-85 I took a ton of heat for calling it just as it has proven to be, nothing more than a smoke screen so idiots in Washington can say they're working towards solutions. In fact, for the 95% of cars that don't use e-85 the amount of eth. in their gas has actually gone down from a high near 8 percent to as low as 5 percent. Wouldn't it have been more prudent for GM to waste their retirement pentions on something else rather than retooling for e-85?
ok to summ all this up your "friends" are experts and you sent me to a site that has no info regarding fuel supply. however i would consider one of their kits if i had a diesel. so source fail. please cite a source that can be verified, not make up "friends" who have 20+ year experience in the waste vegetable oil powered diesel field. so site some sources and stop bringing irrelevent related topics into the debait

and on a side note i agree that e-85 is a joke. but i think diesels are the future.