View Single Post
Old 07-06-2001, 03:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: what is your problem mr. pockets?

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
whether the fwd option was an effort to make the car cheaper or not it does not lessen the experience of owning or driving an SVX. in fact in many ways it heightens the experience. less weight, better performance in some ways, and less to worry about mechanically. maybe i am taking your comment the wrong way and if am then i am sorry, but it sure did rub me the wrong way. when i bought my svx it didnt matter whether it was fwd or awd, i liked the car, the way it looked and the ponies backing it up. if i am not mistaken the svx used an 80 front and 20 rear split anyway. big deal!? i would really like to see you put your super duper awd svx against my barely a svx (because it is fwd). we will see who is laughing in the end. what the hell is wrong with some of you guys....first we dont want answer newbies questions now svx's with fwd are not TRUE svx's.............................i give up!
Oh, for crying out loud.

Okay, I'm sorry I hurt some of your feelings. Subaru offered all their cars in FWD in an attempt to lower their prices and attract more buyers by being a 'mainstream' car company instead of a 'niche' car company. I am very happy to hear that this had the unexpected effect of producing an SVX that's more fun.

As for the torque split, as I understand it, it's 90/10 under cruising and up to 50/50 if need be. The limited slip diff also helps distribute torque in the rear left to right.

Nobody's going to be laughing because I try very hard not to race my SVX. Hell, I try very hard not to even DRIVE it.

I did not MEAN to say that a FWD SVX is not an SVX. I *very very very* clearly stated that it was MY (read that as me, only me, and nobody but ME) opinion that AWD is an integral part of the SVX fun.

I'm glad you like your FWD SVX. I hope you and it have many, many happy miles together and that its simpler drivetrain saves you from costly repairs. The originator of this post asked our opinions on which SVX to go for, and I replied...

...WITH

MY

OPINION...

Jiminy effing crickets.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 07-06-2001 at 03:51 PM.