View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 07:12 PM

Re: A crack in a PWR radiator!!!WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
It really isn't anything to get bent out of shape about, being upset isn't helping anything. Things like this happen all the time in the car world, soner or later, you'll get a flawed part, it doesn't matter if it is a $6 part or a $6000 part, they can all have flaws that aren't detectable until the part is put into service. Most companies won't have any problem repairing or replacing the part if it was a defect in materials or workmanship and not caused by something after the fact.
Work in retail for awhile and you'll soon realize that many customers don't see it this way and that if there is any defect or fault that occurs they believe the product to be shody and don't want it replaced, even for free, they just want their money back, even if it is the first happening for them, or the store, ever. I swear some peopel don't understand that in mass production mistakes can happen. I once had a customer who use to buy our telephones for 20 years and never had any problems, just wanted to upgrade each time. But they bought a phone from me that happened to have a bad speaker and wanted to return the whole thing for a full refund and were taking their business to a competing store nearby for a phone "that is actually good quality." Offered them an apology and exchange for a new unit in the box but they weren't having any of it. Same brand for the entire 20 years too

Last edited by y2daniel1981; 07-19-2009 at 07:16 PM.