View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 05:45 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Hi Trevor

Thank you for the very long post laying out the areas you see as part of the original disagreement on the technical issues. These are matters which are of interest to those among the membership who are technically minded, and be assured that I will not nor will any other mod remove these posts, they are part of the record of discovery on how the SVX works and important to the body of knowledge as such.

However, on a point of order I am now giving you a direct, personal and pointed public warning.

In your last two responses to me Trevor, and for the record I am both a Moderator and an Administrator, you have used language and terminology that is at the very best intemperate and from a more negative point of view it could be interpreted by somebody less thick-skinned than I am as insulting.

From post #49:

You maintained that my words as a Moderator and Administrator are "irrelevant"

You purport that my "sole purpose" in seeking to remove insulting posts from this past disagreement is for "protecting Harvey", which remark has no basis in anything I have ever said on the matter.

You maintain that I or my motives are "frankly dishonest", to which remark I take deep and personal exception.

You accuse me of "meddling"

From post #51

You maintain that as Moderator and Administrator I have "the temerity" to raise a matter "against you"

You make the presumptuous statement that I plan to "destroy evidence".

You contend that my plan to clean up threads by removing offensive or insulting posts is a "transgression". Against what, exactly?

I don't find it at all surprising that you will be interested to see what exact posts can be defined as being exceptionally bad mannered or in bad taste. It is patently obvious from these two quoted posts here that you are far better at discerning that which is technically accurate than you are at gauging how offensive or aggressive your remarks will appear to other members.

While I respect that you are quite passionate in your pursuit of accurate statements, do not make the mistake that this respect is any sign of weakness on my part.

Just ONE more remark like those quoted above to me and you will be having a time out.

Joe

Joe,

Alike with your claim, I am not thin skinned, but I have been threatened for doing no more than calling a spade a spade. This raises the hair on the back of my neck.

Joe --- However, on a point of order I am now giving you a direct, personal and pointed public warning.

You are excited to record that you are both a moderator and an administrator. You disclose no more than that. Several times I have recorded my name here and I do so again. Trevor Ralph Sheffield of Auckland New Zealand. My name and full address is recorded in the phone book, which is available on the internet.

As from this point on, I may no longer be available here. Therefore for any who may wish to contact me. e-mail --- trevshef@xtra.co.nz

I call on those moderators who in mutual agreement, are intent on banning me and are about to censure my already published posts, to each state in person, when and where I have :-

(1) Used obscene language in any form.

(2) Been in any way dishonest.

(3) Defended my position in other than a forthright manner.

(4) Made a statement which has been proven incorrect, without immediately recording acceptance, together with a sincere apology.

(5) Posted anything other than a correction to a post, which in any shape or form has disadvantaged another member.

(6) Treated a members with limited technical ability, in any way other than by showing the utmost respect and empathy.

(7) Failed to spend maximum time, effort and consideration, towards every query I have dealt with, to the maximum of my ability.

(8) Boasted, or in any way claimed status above other members.

Joe. --- You maintained that my words as a Moderator and Administrator are "irrelevant".

Trevor --- My exact words were: “Amongst many irrelevant words, you have stated:” Surely this is a simple straight forward observation, concerning only the number of words involved and nothing more.

Joe --- You purport that my "sole purpose" in seeking to remove insulting posts from this past disagreement is for "protecting Harvey", which remark has no basis in anything I have ever said on the matter.”

Joe your previous remarks. --- in the case of both you and Harvey, there have been some heated statements from both of you in past threads.
--- because of personal animosity between you and Harvey, so I see no point in being coy about this.

Trevor --- You have fitted Harvey with his cap, which rather confirms your thoughts.”

Joe --- You maintain that I or my motives are "frankly dishonest", to which remark I take deep and personal exception.

Trevor --- I stated that the threat to destroy evidence is frankly dishonest. A frank and accurate statement, with no reference to you in person.

Joe ---- You accuse me of "meddling"

Trevor ---- “The results of your meddling will be observed with keen interest.” Meddle, verb, interfere in or busy oneself unduly with something that is not one's concern. A clear statement exactly describing an action. No more and no less.

Joe --- You maintain that as Moderator and Administrator I have the temerity to raise a matter against you

Trevor --- Temerity, noun, excessive confidence or boldness. I have every right to express an opinion in precise English.

Joe --- You make the presumptuous statement that I plan to "destroy evidence".

Trevor --- Nothing is presumed. It is a fact that you have stated you intend to delete and any text deleted will be evidence destroyed.

Joe --- You contend that my plan to clean up threads by removing offensive or insulting posts is a "transgression". Against what, exactly?

Trevor --- Your transgression is to destroy evidence. Removing any portion of a persons statement is a transgression against their right of redress. Particularly when this is carried out very much post publishing.

Joe --- While I respect that you are quite passionate in your pursuit of accurate statements, do not make the mistake that this respect is any sign of weakness on my part.

Just ONE more remark like those quoted above to me and you will be having a time out.

Trevor --- You are confusing a sense of weakness with a lack of ability to understand honest strait forward English.

Your threat stands without foundation, but as you are keen to have ONE more remark in order satisfy your ego and establish your power, I will not deny you.

You have confirmed in great detail that you are very much less than thick skinned and in fact are thin skinned to the point of pallor.

Trevor R. Sheffield.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!