View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 06:37 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
I apologise unreservedly towards any members I may have unintentionally upset.

However, I become very irritated when those who claim special credentials post in absolute terms advice in error, when this is detrimental to members and could involve them in considerable strife.

The patronising insinuating threat by way of personal instruction, now directed towards me, has an unfortunate overtone and I contend is in spirit, exactly against the rules i.e., --- First and foremost, please treat all members with the same amount of respect you wish to receive.

“In the future, if you dont want your valid troubleshooting help removed, you need to learn to conduct yourself like an adult”

N.B. Most will know that in no respect am I childish. I am 79 years old.

Sincerely, Trevor.
Trevor,
I appreciate the apology.

In addressing your later comment I can say only this: Yes, I am aware that you are 79. But age doesn't preclude you, me, or anyone else from losing sight of better judgment and acting childish on occasion.

The point of the above quoted statement may have been taken as a direct stab at you, but it more so a reminder to the general public that we are watching, and will be doing our best to more evenly enforce the rules here when it comes to situations that may arise in the hopes of keeping civil tones and valid commentary. We hope to never have to ban someone permanently, as done in the past, and this more hands on approach is in hopes of preventing such actions in the future.

I and the rest of the Admin/Mod Team are always open to suggestions and or criticism. In fact, we welcome it as it helps us keep balance.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.