View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Yugo aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLITHYTOVE View Post
It may be just a bad connection between battery and chassis, best to read voltage between car chassis and battery negative terminal with headlights on. If there is a high resistance you should get a voltage drop. I had the same problem with an aftermarket stereo, when i turned lights on the auto antenna would retract. Put a new lead from battery to a well earthed bolt on chassis and fixed the problem.
My thoughts exactly Check to make sure the engine block is grounded to the frame as well. If that all checks out, check continuity from the battery to the starter/ alternator as well. Some parts stores can check your alternator amperage with the car fully assembled, if you have a chain like autozone or such in your area. Or, if you know someone with a DC clamp-on amp meter, take a reading. Anything less than 15 - 20 amps at idle would make me suspect the alternator. Make sure you do your testing with the engine hot, I've had alternators short out when hot, but work fine cold.. Good luck, and let us know what you find!
4:11 trans
Lightweight crank pulley
Redline Shockproof
Trans Cooler
Viper 550 HF Alarm/Remote Start
18" Enkei Evo5's