View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svx_commuter
I would get 230F or higher on the line out of the trans. That was several years ago when I had a gauge. It only happen when I drove it hard up hills and the TC never locked up. Yeah on hot days. That was about about 186k miles ago SO ??? That's my experience.
Remember that the temperature in the line out of the trans is going to be cooled off BEFORE it goes back to the trans. The line out of the trans is also the TC discharge so yeah it's going to get hot.
I just don't know or if anyone else knows..... how much comes out to be cooled 80% 60% 40% of the pump flow rate????? It splits

SO maybe the ATF temperature in the pan is better indicator???

Take care,

John

That's rare John at the flash point the fluid begins to break down rapidly due to the heat and since you can't get all the fluid out of a transmission. Anything above 210 is bad but you might not have been above that as most cheaper gauge senders aren't the most reliable. 20 degrees or so is still within the margin of error for most sub $100 gauges. I have my gauge in the pan on my SVX it runs about 100 degrees above outside air temp in stop and go traffic. Biggest problem is it doesn't cool off much even when you do get out on the highway in some open space. Once its up, it stays up.