View Single Post
Old 02-22-2003, 12:59 AM
alacrity024

not a bad idea guys, thanks. the cheapest i was able to source a used compressor unit (do i need to buy or replace anything else besides the actual compressor unit?) was $125.. No idea if it'll actually WORK or not, but.. you take risks. I could also just remove the bunk compressor and rebuild it in the remaining winter months.

Five Words:

How Do I Do It?

Anyone with the proper FSM (I only have engine/tranny and electrical) feel like scanning the appropriate pages?

Thanks for the help, folks

-adam

SPECIAL BONUS TIDBIT!!!!!

This is my 555th post. To my knowledge, 555 is a relatively signifigant tobacco producer in parts of Europe and for quite some time was/(is?) the primary sponsor of the Subaru World Rally Team. The number 555 will be forever associated with the Blue Subaru.

In an extremely limited run around 1998 or maybe 99, Subaru and STi released a limited edition WRX. It had the standard STi 2.0 liter turbo four bored out to 2.2 liters, thusly, the boxer-powered car was designated 22B.

Fire up any calculator capable of converting decimal numbers to hexidecimal (the regular Windows calculator should do it in Scientific/Advanced mode) and enter 555 as a decimel. Convert it to hex and you get 22B.

Kind of neat.

Last edited by alacrity024; 02-22-2003 at 01:05 AM.