Thread: Hydra Nemesis
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Thumbs up Re: Hydra Nemesis

That was it! YAY! it fired right up, it was just pinched the way I had it slid up in the stock location just had to slither it over just a bit! It sounds awesome! It seems to run a lot smoother, and doesn't have to idle so high! It for sure seems like the engine is running a lot more efficient.

I can't wait to drive it! When I get more money I'll get that wideband, I just couldn't afford it yet. When I do get it can I connect it to a AFR gauge and Pillar mount it or something? so that when I'm not hooked in to the laptop and just driving I can see what my accurate AFR is???

As far as install, it was pretty damn easy, only issue I had was opening my eyes to find the vacuum line I needed. Its really easy to find just look at the manifold from the front of the car and it's the little one the same size as the blue hydra line on the left side. all I did was take the old line to checker got same size line just slightly longer put it in place of the stock location cut it in the middle and connected the T fitting from the hydra line. I ran it through to the drivers compartment where my hydra was and hooked it up.

The harness is plug and play from the stock harness. Make sure you read the instructions from hydra completely before starting to install though. They are very picky on what they want you to do. Go through it step by step and follow it to a T.

My suggestion for connecting to your laptop is get a PCI Express card Rs232 off ebay(they're cheap) or if you're impatient go out and buy one from best buy or wherever. Before you install it or put it in your computer go into control panel>System>Hardware tab>Device Manager>Ports (COM&LPT) then look at what's there. Then install your express card and see what it comes up as in there. This will help in choosing the COM port in your set up as explained in the hydra manual. I had a little trouble with this just because mine showed up as a usb interface even though it wasn't one.

Everything else is explained in the manual and does a very good job. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking to get a quick hp boost and open their doors for tuning and turbos or superchargers or any other sort of advanced modification in the future.

Will post first driving impressions later after I put her back together with the alarm system. I've got a lot to protect now, need an upgrade from the stock system.