View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 09:34 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
?Out of Breath?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM
Went out to El Mirage dry lake bed today to watch some land speed racing and do a little speed testing.

El Mirage Dry lake BLM land about 50 miles outside of Riverside, CA. The surface is unreal, almost like pavement...pavement with no speed limit. The only downside is the elevation, which is around 3,000 feet.

I was able to get the SVX up to 120mph before running out of room and becoming a safety issue. I was surprised how "out of breath" the SVX gets at elevation.

Check out the video:

SVX Video

I also have some sweet hot rod pics from today if I can find a way to post, also some high speed spinouts caught on camera.

Kevin
{Edit} ... Sorry ihopp, didn't mean to step on your reply, we were both writing at the same time.
What?
I drive at 5000' all day long, and power is always there when I ask. The few times I have asked it to keep going, I always have to back off before it gets too fast.
So I have taken more to running easy, in the interest of keeping Myself, and the SVX around for a while longer.

What was the condition of the outside air at the Lake?
Cold is more dense, and any vehicle will do better in dense air.

I'd like to do an extended speed test on my Svx, but we don't have a place to do that around here.