View Single Post
Old 04-08-2001, 08:03 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist
Eddy, I've been watching it. You guys need to chill out a bit. Some of these guys looking for information[incl me!] by definition don't know much, are ill informed, and could be viewed as innocent or ignorant, depending on your point of view. Some are not all that articulate detailing what their problem is too.
Don't get too het up, people respect your knowledge and experience or they wouldn't ask the questions in the first place.

Stay
No, the statement that the one fella made was quite straightforward and wrong. It hasn't ended yet, but I don't particularily like being called an old dumbass because I have a bunch of experience on something that he has only read about.

Ask me any question, phrase it as best you can. Accept my response or don't, but don't start telling me I don't know anything. I will to the best of my abilities help anyone that asks me a question. I expect a certain amount of respect for that, much like a doctor giving a diagnosis, if you aren't happy with the outcome, get a second opinion. It's just unfortunate that it seems to be young people all the time, it looks like I'm picking on them because of age, but I'm trying to educate them and keep getting beat up over it. I can really respect teachers now!

Ah well, life's short enough, I guess I shouldn't get worked up over the inconsequential BS.