View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da'Cheat
At a local subaru meeting here, it was said that this kit would be one hell'ova deal. The kit costs less than the down payment on a wrx So for that, get twice the car than the wrx would ever be!

I'm taking out a loan to finish my current truck project. I really thinking about upping that loan by 4kl to make my car kick some butt.

Are there any expected problems with the install? Things that would make your average wrench, scratch his head for an hour wondering where this extra bolt went, sorta thing.

I am VERY interested in this system.
I would like to get some solid numbers when you put that 3" pulley on.

Is there any chance of blowing out a cylinder wall with 7lbs of forced induction?
Will this shorten the life of my engine? *never mind the fact that my foot will be to the floor all the time. Its like that currently*

Lastly, does this system come with any sort of warranty?
Hmmm, no can't offer any warranties or guarantees on performance equipment; you'll get the standard no liablity disclaimer. You just have to look at the quality of our past products and the work displayed in the development thread and decide for yourself your level of comfort and confidence you'll get a quality product.

I don't think the install should be too bad. You'll get the benefits of my having done it and being able to make up directions saying what order to do things in. Personally I would split it up into a couple seperate weekend projects. I would take one weekend to do the engine management. Install the fuel pump one day and make sure that works. Then install the fuel injectors, maf meter, and software the next day and make sure that works. It's good to split things up like that so if you make a mistake and botch something you know where to look for it and can quickly fix it. Knowing you have the engine management working correctly then you can take a day the next weekend to install the supercharger system.