View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 02:58 PM

Re: Stuck in Park Going nowhere today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Hey! I found something. I was looking for the ECU module (under the dash, drivers side). I inspected the ABS fuse, OK replaced fuse box cover. Pushed on some cables that are harnessed with connectors at the ECU. I started the SVX the ABS light was went out and I was able to shif out of park. One other note, when the unit was not fuctioning (ABS lit and unable to shift out of park) the security lock un-lock did not operate the horn. Now the horn functions with the key fob lock un-lock.
My concerns as to an intermittent electrical connection remain.
I'll keep at it next weekend and let all know if I find anything interesting.
Mike
I found the problem and now need parts to fix it.
My SVX would not shift out of part this week. I took a look at it today. I noted that when the car will not shift out of park the ABS light is on the horn will not beep when key fob is used to lock or unlock and the heater fan does not operate.
With the car running I selected heater fan high mode of operation (fan not running). Carefully I started moving wires under the dash when I noticed a spark at one of the terminals. The fan immediately started to run the ABS light remained on until the car was shut off and then turned back on. The car now shifts out of park and all other mentioned functioned are again operational.
There is a white 6-position rectangular connector just under the fuse panel at the driver side kick panel. The black with red stripe wire is the one that sparked. I pulled the plug and noted the terminal is burnt and melted. I want to replace this 6-position connector assembly.
Does anyone have a clue as to where I can get it or should I after market a repair?
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SVX Burnt Connector pic 1.jpg (928.9 KB, 241 views)