View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Looks and smells great.

Re: Im still haunted by Buck Jones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
This story led me to talk to my insurance agent today. I ask what would happen if I totaled one of my SVXi. They said that they would compare the car with others of the same mileage, condition, year, etc. I asked about a couple of them about the possible settlement. I asked if $2100 would be realistic and they said not. They know my cars better than that and said that it should be much closer to what I should expect the price to be. I explained why I asked and they said that it was a much lower value than should have been offered.
I would take whatever an agent says with a grain of salt. Agents are generally nothing more than glorified salespeople, and they usually don't know how the claims process works (unless you have one of the dying breed of agents who actually will be processing your claim; rare, but still out there).
1992 LSL Pearlie: 108k, 15min/$15 mod, Alternator wiring "upgrade," Power Mode switch, K&N drop-in, 4500k 35w low-beam HIDs, 3000k 35w fog HIDs, lots more planned (pending funds, of course)- 4.44 5spd being at the top of the list.
"We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
-C.S. Lewis