Thread: Garage closed
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2001, 10:05 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: you know.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Okay, now that I've cleared my head and have looked at things more objectively, let me see . . .

A) Posting our "opinions" is what it's all about. We all merely have to be prepared when someone disagrees with them. It's what makes the world go 'round.

B) I still think it's drivel (but that's just my opinion).

C) What else did he have to do? And, we'll get another tech, given time.

D) No, I'm not leaving. That decision was rash (you won't get rid of ME that easily. As far as meeting "such a middle aged group of children" You've obviously never worked in radio. And, thank you for calling me "middle aged" instead of old. "Ah, to be young and know it all."

E) If the point was so far buried that only an engineer could find it . . . well, need I say more.

F) Oh well . . . still in search of the illusive "Gold Star."

<Digs through trash can, places "moderator's" hat back onto head, removes tongue from cheek, and turns to today's work assignments )
Ah, now I remember Bosco. I don't know what happened to him, though. Last I saw him was on the Yahoo site. You'll tell me Eddy scared him off, but I didn't see the messages, so whatever.

A.) As I said, my opinions are always going to be posted and. more often than not, they'll be controversial.

B.) And I still say that you took my message out of context, which is why you call it drivel and why you got so pissed off. I think I can see why you call it drivel, and in that context, you're right. But you're not reading the message, then. Alternately, if it was for the 'once in a lifetime opportunity' line, I stand by it for Eddy's situation and dedication to the site, which are why he was able to devote so much time to this place. My contention is that we will probably never find someone with that much free time. Don't get wrong - I certainly hope we do.

C.) No, he didn't have anything better to do, which was part of my point. But having a lot of free time was only part of it. How many posts per day did he make? A lot.

D.) That's right - I do know it all. The sooner you realize that the better we'll get along.

E.) Larry got it because he works in objective terms. I said the accuracy of the technical information on this site would suffer and he was apparently the only one who read that line. Everyone else saw a chance to get pissed off again.

F.) Gold stars aren't awarded for any kind of meritous act. You just have to agree with me - or at least realize that despite our differences of opinion I have a point. We can cooperate all we want, we can have the greatest community of friendly people, but NONE of that makes up for the knowledge of someone who has been in there.

Before you get pissed off again, I'm not saying I'd trade community and cooperation for anything - because I wouldn't. I am SIMPLY saying that your ONE statement about us not needing someone with experience and that we can figure it out ourselves is, to steal a phrase, horse puckey.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 09-27-2001 at 10:11 AM.