View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: Transmission Questions?

well I do like to sell stuff...

As much as I like Tom I prefer to sell my own stuff though.

800 rpms is not a high stall though..quite the opposite...that's a low stall...your rpms should be up at 2500ish when you get going. This would indicate low line pressure. Again I would urge you towards getting that b&m plate and fin cooler in your fender and ixnaying the oe cooler in the radiator (and no I don't own stock in b&m either--I'm just tired of people smoking their 4eat's because of the bad advice to use the oe cooler--don't you or anyone else kid yourselves, you bought this car for it's transmission--that's why you buy a subaru--for awd--the svx transmission is superior to every other phase 1 4eat out there in every way--the thing that is different that makes svx's blow tansmissions left and right while other subies keep humming is the radiator..and I don't care what Harvey or anyone else says I will keep yelling it at the top of my lungs...DON'T USE THE OE COOLER!!!!!!)

now go buy some of my stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACOBBOCAJ View Post
first off lets not fight guys. ha longass name you do make it like your trying to sell things. but have made suggests and i appreciate that.

i did figure 8s in a church parking lot today and the rear end acted up for the beginning and after about 3 figure 8s went smothly without viberating. so that seem to work, but ill test it again tommorrow.
no the transmision goes to like 800 and jerks a small amount, not enough to jerk your head back or anything just not smoth. i did put the car into 1 awhile ago and the feeling went away. but today stop to accelerate is smooth sometimes alittle jerky in 2nd. think im gonna go ahead and get a flush tommorrow. I guess im just gonna get subaru trans fluid and see about an additive.
I would like to know more about the "1 – 2 one-way Sprague clutch in the box?"