Thread: Formal SVX Club
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2001, 05:54 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
I'm not sure whether to reply here or in the new forum, but here's my thoughts. These are only MY thoughts, please don't take offense.

It's great! It looks like a good start and should be pretty easy to refine to our needs.

I'd recommend that we incorporate as a 501c3 non-profit corporation meaning Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954. It would give the officers personal liability protection as well as allow us easier record keeping for membership dues, fund raisers, and corporate donations (I'm dreaming here).

I know where to start that process when the time comes to go there.

A couple of things I think we should formalize:
Article III, Add section)
Members in Good Standing
A-member in good standing shall be a member who has remitted the dues as established.

Article III,4 revise to)
Membership in the Club shall entitle the member to vote in elections after he/she has been a member in good standing for at least sixty (60) calendar days and to receive the official Club publication.

Article 5, add a section)
Duties

A)President
The president shall be the chief executive officer of the corporation and shall preside at all meetings of the corporation and its Board of Directors, and shall exercise general supervision over the affairs of the corporation.

B) Vice-President
The vice-president shall discharge the duties of the president in the event of absence or disability of the president, and be a member ex-officio of all committees.

C) Secretary
The secretary shall keep the minutes of SVX Club meetings, see that all notices are given in accordance with the Bylaws, be custodian of corporate records and in general perform all duties incidental of the office of secretary.

D) Treasurer
The treasurer shall have charge and custody of and be responsible for, the funds, and securities of the corporation, and keep an accurate account of all corporate funds.

Article 5, delete 5c and add section for)
CONTRACTS, LOANS, CHECKS & DEPOSITS

Section 1: Contracts
The Board of Directors may authorize any officer or officers, agent or agents to enter into any contract or execute and deliver any instrument in the name of, and on behalf of, the corporation, and such authorization may be general or confined to specific instances.

Section 2: Loans
No loan shall be contracted on behalf of the corporation and no evidences of indebtedness shall be issued in its name unless authorized by or under the authority of resolution of the Board of Directors and approved by a three-quarters (3/4) majority of the voting members. Such authorization may be general or confined to specific instances.

Section 3: Checks, Drafts, etc.
All checks, drafts or other orders for payment of money, notes, or other evidences of indebtedness shall be issued in the name of the corporation and signed by the president or treasurer. Checks for the amount of $1000.00 or more shall be signed by the president or treasurer and initialed by one other officer. Payments shall be issued in such a manner as shall be from time to time determined by or under the authority of a resolution of the Board of Directors and voting members.

Section 4: Deposits
All funds of the corporation not otherwise employed shall be deposited from time to time to the credit of the corporation in such banks, trust companies or other depositories as may be selected by or under the authority of the Board of Directors.

Add an article for)

FISCAL YEAR
The fiscal year of the corporation shall begin on the first day of January and end on the thirty first day of December in each year.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker