View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 12:59 PM

Re: Master window switch "fix" idea

Ages ago I wrote a mini how-to for rebuilding the switches, but it was posted on the other SVX forum which vanished...

From what I remember, the issue wasn't just with the contact resistance, but there are metal clips in the switch which flip back and forth (kind of like "oil canning") and loose their shape after while and no longer touch the contacts. This may mean some switches are just always open, rather than dealing with high resistances at the contact points (although easy to check).

The how-to did contained instructions for bending the contacts back to the right shape. It wasn't hard, but I remember it being a little counter intuitive (like string a bow when you know nothing about bows). Maybe somebody has a copy of the how-to some where? (Or I can write it again when I have deal with a faulty window switch).

I do like the idea of switching to relays or solid-state controls, this give us a lot more flexibility on other modifications (adding remote window windup feature for example).

Good luck!
Ian.