View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
Numbnuts, you need to be careful on which type of headlights you have sourced.

The Japanese and Euro styles are similar, in that they use the same bulbs.

USA lamps are different in a number of ways, so I would not expect their connectors to work with Euro or JDM lamps.

One difference, Americans use different bulbs called 2005s or 5002s or something. So the plug ins are different.

Another difference, Euro and JDM lamps have the "parking light" in the headlight assembly. In the US, this position light or parking light is part of the different corner lamp they have, so the US headlamps have no feed for the parking light that we have. It could be converted, of course, but they are different enough that I would not want to go to the trouble of using them unless I had to.

Just FYI, better not to find out afterwards.

Joe
Yes I'm finding this out,I got the lights from Seraph in the states so need US connectors, I suppose i was asking too much for them to have same bits as the Uk and JDM, As for the sidelights I'm gonna have to sort something out,I completely forgot about their strange sidelight idea, Fancy having indicator's that stay on all the time DER!!!