View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 01:24 PM

Re: What colour your prefer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
did anyone take the 2 toned paint job with the black on the roof and trunk and stretch it along the hood and along the top half of the fender? because thats what im planning. it will look like a black car with a claret colored bottom strap.
That theme occurred to me for about half a second. It would be too much black, and the hood is big. It looks better body colored.

I have thought about doing black mirrors (possibly JDM power-folding), and putting a black transition on the front fenders...

Basically taking the A-pillar seam line and bringing it all the way down in front of the mirrors, to the inside angle break in the front fenders, like the mirrors and a small triangular section of the front fender as an extension of the front fixed glass.

It would then taper at the forward point to a pin-stripe following the line in the fender, up to the front side indicators, and terminating in a small spear detail just above the signal lens.

The top of the front fender, and the whole hood would still be body color, but the mirrors, and stripe would bring the black detail all the way to the front corners of the car.

I've also thought of a black belt-line around the car at the seam between the cladding, and the body/doors, and in the detail line in the front and rear bumpers, like the Ferrari 308/328/288 lineup, and others. Perhaps that being applied with some of the black vinyl stripe tape that is highly reflective in direct light.

It would look subtle on Laguna blue, and would really stand out as contrast on Barcelona or Brilliant red.