View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 01:25 AM

Re: What colour your prefer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
I have seen a blue car painted like that Wolfy, but I have no pictures.

For me it does not work. It looks too much like a ricer drifter Nissan 240X with a carbon hood. OK if you like that sort of thing, I suppose.
Mine is going to be painted like that, silver on the bottom and dark metallic gray on top, Orion Silver and Galaxy Gray from House of Kolor, to be exact.

I guess I don't follow the import trends too much, seeing as the SVX is my first import and also my first car newer than 1975, but I really don't see why a certain two tone line that follows the lines of the car makes it look like a "ricer" in any way. Maybe I am just looking at it wrong, but to me, the lines of the car just scream for it. As far as I'm concerned, Subaru should have done every two toned car like that from the factory. I think it will make it look longer, lower and sleeker.

Maybe it just looks wrong to you because Subaru didn't do it originally. The only other SVX besides mine that I have seen in person, which was also my inspiration for buying one, was a solid Polo Green one. Even that one begged for the two tone line I am planning, I had no idea Subaru even did a two toned car until I looked them up after seeing that one.

We do a lot of two tone jobs at the shop I work at, we usually follow a rather unconventional line, but it always compliments the lines of the car. I'll admit though, we are total "old school" guys, more into the '50s and '60s styles than anything else. Hell, my next personal project is a 1959 Rambler American coupe, which will be done in a very '60s way. That car is screaming for House of Kolor Pavo Purple with a pearl white roof and white tuck and roll interior.

Our last notable job was a green and black two toned Roadmaster wagon with old lowrider style lace paneling, which we think turned out beautiful, but it is probably not everyone's cup o' tea: