View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 02:32 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
i just read up on the IS300, and, wow - i guess they hold their value well, because used '01's and '02's are going for like $18k-$25k on Autotrader around here. 215hp/218 ft-lbs, kinda weak.

unless you really like the styling of the IS300, you can get a *brand new* LegGT with AWD, more power (and easily increased, too ), and a PRODRIVE-designed 5EAT Sportshift for not much more. there's no HID, but you can add that for around $500.

they are nice looking cars, but it seems like you're paying for the Lexus nameplate more than anything.
I'll admit the Lexus name is part of the price. But when you concider that it was designed to compete with the 3series costing $10k+ more (which it does quite well), and it won't be in the shop every other week, it's actually a bargain. They're getting redesigned for 06, so I figure the 1st gens will probably drop in price.

I'll also admit the Lexus name is part of the reason I want it...tell a girl you drive a Legacy and I doubt she'll be impressed, tell her you drive a Lexus and she'll be more inclined to take a tour of your back seat

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300