View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 04:52 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Lightbulb

Good to know Phil.

Your top-of-the-range car, chassis CXD as opposed to my CXW I think, your car probably has the same receiver as mine, the top unit.

Below it my cheapie has a singe CD player to match, whereas yours has a single din size CD changer, am I right so far?

That would make sense. The amplifier would be in the cassette receiver, so the feed out to the SIX speakers comes from the upper unit.[*]

One of the boys from the States has said that the door speaker is a mid-range unit, but is fed a full frequency signal. I also read somewhere that there is no crossover unit in the loom. Unless the crossover is built into the receiver before sending signal to the speakers/tweeters, this would seem to be the case.

* The single din 4 channel UK headunit is only configured for 4 speaker out cables. That's why the tweeter holes are empty.

This is good news really. Without changing the head unit, it allows for an immediate upgrade via the door speakers. Replace the full frequency door units with the best midrange/crossover/tweeters you can afford that will fit the slots, you get an immediate fix, better power handling and soundstage.

Those nice French Focal units would do nicely.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl