View Single Post
Old 09-09-2003, 02:23 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
No good deed goes unpunished....

Alan, I would recommend calming down a bit.

I can assure you that Lwin has much better things do do with his time than to run a low dollar scam on you that would disgrace his name in this club. I mean if he was planning on scamming people, why wouldn't he have taken all fifty people's money?

Lwin did for free what many businesses do for a large markup. Why a markup? because it is a pain to coordinate. His was a selfless effort to help some friends save money and all that happened was a bunch of people got pissed off because the transactions did not go as smoothly as they would of if they paid twice as much to an import/export business. I say let them buy at retail next time.

I know how difficult it is to try and track shipments across continents from half a year ago, obtaining customs records, dealing with different parts of the world on opposite sleep schedules, etc.

While I fully believe that you never got the parts, I wouldn't immediately assume a scam. If it is shipped, it can get screwed up. I once had one strut out of a sealed box of four get lost in shipping, Imagine the surprise to find that they can't find a strut out of a sealed box.

Now you are asking Lwin to give his own money to you before you know for sure if it is his fault or the carrier? Your claim may be with the post office or customs.

As I said, No good deed goes unpunished.... This is why I stopped doing stuff for others as well. Why should I lose time and money to do a favor for someone else?

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker