View Single Post
Old 07-28-2001, 11:37 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Who is the authoritative source?

Quote:
Originally posted by John19688

Please let me know your sources for this information. Who is the "good authority?" How do you know for certain that the Pace Car is going to be moved to a museum?

I want to get in touch with these "sources." If you don't want to post the information here in the forum, send it to me in an e-mail (john@subarusvx.com) and I'll follow up with these people to see how to get the car to the meet.

Hey, I just had another idea...

Subaru is planning to unleash the "radical new" SVX in 2003 (see Sept 25, 2000 Autoweek). The 2003 model year cars should be coming out in September of 2002. Our meet is only a couple of months before that. So they'd at least have a couple of the new SVX ready by then right? Maybe they'd see the 10th Anniversary meet as a great opportunity to picture their new SVX in front of its beautiful heritage.

I've got a friend who is the parts distributer for Subaru for the entire east coast. I'll get in touch with him to get the names of some Subaru staff who can make this stuff happen. I'll keep you posted
When we were at Earl Duff Subaru in TN, we asked the owner of the dealership (Who has a pristine Laguna Blue SVX), if he'd be joining us at the 10th Anniversary meet. He said he'd love to, but he'll be previewing the release of the STX at that time. Then, he thought a moment, and said, they may even be previewing it in Lafayette. So, he may be there anyhoo. Maybe we can test drive an STX while we're there.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI