Thread: 200,000 miles!
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2002, 07:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
FYI: I think the OEM remote either does some sort of code hopping or something else different. One night way back when I first bought the car, a friend who worked at a car security shop was showing off the code grabber his shop got and I was curious to see how it worked so he tried it on the SVX. He turned it on, I locked and unlocked the SVX and the unit said that it had successfully grabbed the code, then he tried to send it and the SVX just sat there...quietly. He thought that it didn't grab the code right and we repeated the procedure a couple more times with the same results. Then he thought that it might have been broken and tried it on his own alarm and it worked the first time! I had also noticed that if I pressed the remote button a few times while out of range, it would usually take several presses of the button to disarm once I got back in range. The Alpine code hopping alarm I replaced it with behaves in the exact same way. Apparently, it has to do with the alarm needing more codes in the sequence to resync to the remote.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by montypython
I'm glad that you reprogrammed it. On the morning we were leaving the Holiday Inn (Morgantown), Brian and I were walking across the parking lot and when he pushed the remote to unlock you car it also unlocked mine
We were not able to repeat it