View Single Post
Old 11-08-2001, 08:02 AM
SVXtypeR

Re: type r.

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
even if you had a blower and ran straight alcohol in the svx, i still dont think you could touch one of those hennessey vipers. but we could come closer!
Ahhhh, yet another unbeliever!! You too shall soon join the unfaithful masses and bow to the awesome power of the X35-R project!!! I WILL RULE THE STREETS!!!!!!

<evil Bond Villian laugh> AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

In all seriousness, an intercooled blower, uprated fuel and spark, good engine management, and some engine strengthening is really all that is needed to turn the SVX into a single-digit ET Viper Killing monster. If you're into the import scene, I'm sure you've seen *many* Skylines and Supras kicking out nearly a GRAND at the crank, this is with 2.8 and 3 liter motors respectively. Sure, race gas is needed for these output levels, but bear in mind that the highest HP motor Hennessey puts out is an 800, very few individuals own those, and even fewer can get them to work AT ALL, much less on the street (sides', I've gathered all the ones being sold are tempermental trailer hoes anyway).

I'm *extremely* confident that the H-6 (least we forget has the LARGEST DISPLACEMENT motor of any of the Japanese "supercars" *including* the NSX) is capable of 550-600hp on premium pump gas (low estimates on my part, as I've seen MKIV Supras run that much with turbos on their smaller motors using 93 octane).

Think about it... I'm talking SUPERcharger. Low-end grunt from the "big-block" (in Import terms) H-6 coupled with an over-driven ATI or a Lysholm 3300 (my SC of choice, but It's not out yet) coupled with AWD. Knock off a few hundred pounds with a c/f hood and fenders, racing seats and whatnot, and it becomes easy to see that such a car could EASILY SMOKE any stock Camaro, Mustang, Vette or even Viper, and with a can of octane boost and a pully change, could give modified versions of these cars a run for their money.

But don't fret none, you don't have to take my word for it... I'll be able to *prove* it soon enough.