Thread: SVX search
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2004, 07:43 PM
Snickers

SVX search

I had the fever sooo bad to get another SVX. I had one for a short time a couple of years ago and I've missed it ever since. I have been lurking here envious of those of you with the good taste to have one or more of these great cars.
I live in the Chicago area. About a month ago a local car critic (Dan Jedlicka) wrote a story about the SVX and I reached critical mass. I frantically searched classifieds and message boards trying to scratch that italian body, H-6 engine, half window, pleeease let the trannny be OK itch.
I bought a plane ticket to Nashville,TN to pick up a green '95 that had been inspected, only to have it sold before I could get there.
I was ready to fly to Brooklyn for a claret '97 lsi, that was sold before I could get it inspected.
I drove to Indiana, Michigan and several Chicago suburbs on my quest.
Finally saw an ad for a '93 silver anniversary with 51k on it in columbus, Ohio. After a little phone haggling I jumped on a plane after work and drove it back in time for work the next day. The ride back was amazing, we bonded immediately.
So, what should I do to take care of this incredible machine? read all the posts about trans and wheel bearings. How long do the OEM struts last? What needs to be said to Subaru to get the tranny upgrades?

Sorry for the long post.

Dave

Last edited by Snickers; 03-21-2004 at 07:58 PM.