View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Ubercoach

Windshield Trim

My windshield is not is the best shape. The original owner moved to Palm Desert and there is quite a number if tiny little pits in addition to a crescent shaped scrape matching the path of the windshield wiper on the passenger side. A young fellow advertised a windshield here and he turned out to be 80 miles north of me in Irvine CA. I arranged to have a mobile installer meet me and the seller at the seller's residence. As soon as he brought the windshield out the installer said he couldn't put it in my car because it didn't have the sealing gasket or welting. I called the installers boss and he confirmed that the new windshields come with the proper gasket/seal factory already installed on the windshield. By brother in Dallas, who owns a auto windshield shop confirmed it too. The poor guy trying to sell the windshield had completely removed the seal/welting when he took what was otherwise a very clean,clear windshield out of his wrecked SVX. The installers boss told me they could fabricate a gasket /seal, but it wouldn't look nearly as nice as OEM. I passed and still have the original pitted windshield.
Ubercoach